Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Collapsing Towers

I love this video, and the message....


I'm a huge proponent of renewable energy and green technology/design. The quicker we move away from fossile fuels the better. I'm a bit idealistic when discussing this topic, but personally, I feel like the only reason we are still using oil, or nuclear power, whatever, is because someone is making money off of it. It's extremely frustrating to know that there are better, cleaner, safer ways to power our lives and instead people are fighting wars and dying over resources that we won't need or deem necessary/valuable in a few hundred years. Yes, I said a few hundred years, and it's mind boggling to me that people aren't able to think on a grander scale that surpasses their own lifetime. Why are we waiting? I guess I just expect more out of the human race. It's crazy that we have these huge issues, we have the answers, and yet we choose not to implement them. Yet I remain optimistic.  I'm thrilled to see all of the new energy ideas that are surfacing on the internet and that my peers are taking notice. With all of the advancements in technology and modern medicine that lead me to believe I'll live to ~ 130 years old, I can't wait to see what happens in the next 50 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment