Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Time We Take



A good friend of mine once told me that our time is the most valuable thing we have. The one commodity we can truly never replace. It's important to use our time wisely, but I don't think all of the time we use has to result in success. There have been multiple times in my life where I've been working on a team and one persons comment is so far off the mark (usually mine) it sparks something in the mind of another team member which in the end actually leads to solving the teams problem.

There are a couple things to be noted about that last statement. Number one, I am not implying that I am good at being wrong so that other people can find solutions to problems. Number two, I do miss the mark sometimes, but it's pretty rare. Number three, I learned that when I'm working with a team, giving everyone the chance to speak up and creating a safe place to share ideas, thoughts, and opinions, that is the most important part of the creative process. You never know where the solution to your problem might come from. 

Inspiration comes from with out, not from with in, so put your head down and just begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment